Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Two years

Two years coming
Fate is not intentional
Two years coming
Solely unconditional
2 years, you knew
But less than ready
And I knew it too
My life, less than steady
2 years I tried
To ignore my thought
Your hands were tied
You couldn't be caught
2 years we spoke
Hiding longing and tears
Trying everything not to choke
This feeling is beyond my fears
I think about 2 years ago
And everything in between
All the places i'd go
All the things I've seen
2 years, your life
All your highs, all your lows
The double edge knife
Life keeps you on your toes
How did we collide in the first place
Why does it seem so free and easy
How did I miss what was in front of my face?
Life finds new ways to tease me
2 years later, now
Your in my inner being
I don't need to keep asking how.
Because I no longer have trouble seeing.

2 comments: