Thursday, December 6, 2012

That's not what makes you beautiful

2nd blog for the day.

I can't remember who said it to me. But it was said summer 2010. When I was at a very low spot in my life, after moving twice and being fired 3 times. We all know that story so I will no tell it. I remember I was confiding in someone, whom I can not remember now, all I remember is the amount of respect I had for this individual. I was telling him how bizarre my life had been. How I went from feeling like the ugly duckling of the "family" (my brothers and mother being so pretty) to suddenly modeling and being told I was beautiful on a daily basis. And how awesome and new that was. But I felt the need to be made up, lots of make up, fake hair, fake eyelashes, fake nails. I sat with this man (who i feel was a lot older than me) telling him I didn't feel pretty anymore. My hair was short again, my acne was terrible, I never did my make up, and my nails where short and chipped. That is when he said "Charley, That is NOT what makes you beautiful. Your beauty comes from somewhere else."

All I remember is being stunned. shocked. offended. I felt at the time he was telling me that the make-up wasn't beautiful, or that I did not have outter beauty just inner. etc. etc. But about a month later, it set in. I knew what he meant, I can feel what he meant. I started to wear less and less makeup on the regular, I grew my hair out

No comments:

Post a Comment