Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Mom

the thing I have noticed about parents is...

that they are alone and hurt and broken and scared

just as much as their children are.

Life doesn't just magically happen, and its NEVER particularly easy

so as christmas winds down into the night

and I think about giving.

I wonder what exactly would I give my parents if I could give them anything

so here it is:

DAD:

I'd give dad a partner. a perfect partner that understood his every move
and loved him unconditionally.

It took me a long time to realize how much my dad loved me, because it took me a long time to understand how he showed his love.

He is a strange bird, my dad. and he needs a strange bird to suite him.
I don't want him to grow old alone.
but he can't be with just anyone.
He needs someone patient, and very understanding.
Someone eccentric but grounded
someone who will love him even when the gnarly parts of his gemini comes out
someone who will give him comfort and stability, a concept that is foreign to him in relationships
preferably this lady would be blonde, and spontaneous, gotta keep him on his toes.
but not so out there that it drives him crazy, well too crazy ;)
that is what I would give my dad.
and then I'd get him a black thunderbird with white walls.
ahhh yea

MOM:

I'd create a world for mom. her perfect world. A perfect house, with nice cars.
a stocked fridge, and a large yard.
a husband for show, and some kids. Two. One boy, one girl. both with brown hair, and brown eyes.
I can picture the whole thing. I'd give her a $$ card, to go shopping with everyday. And her husband would make lots of money so there would be no way for her to max the cards. She wouldn't have to work, so she wouldn't be tempted to steal. She'd have everything she wants and needs.
I would give it to her if I could. She'd have to be watched. and only given limited access to the real world outside of hers. But I think she'd be just fine. in her own world.

Maybe if I am ever famous or in money. I can do these things for my parents.

But until then I will give them what $$ can't buy.
Love

No comments:

Post a Comment