Saturday, January 2, 2016

K is for Kid Chapter 9

Over the next month we had really started getting things rolling with live shows at Kronos. We had a show every Saturday night, and were starting to get a wait list of bands that wanted to play.
"Do you think we could book a show on Friday nights too?" I asked Kris while he sat flipping through his emails.
"It looks like we are going to have too!" He said. "Wow this is great!"
Our shows went from 20 people to 100 people a night very quickly.
Tonights show was a band that we had do a solo show the week after we had our first show. They were a metal band that typically played their shows out in the sticks. They called them "Barn Shows" so they didn't mind playing a hole in the wall either. The good news is they had a following. Their last show pulled in a lot of county kids, we maxed out at 65 kids for the night. This time they asked to bring an act they knew from Harrisonburg. They would open for them. I had heard of that band from Harrisonburg, they had played the Crayola house a lot, and I saw some kids with their t-shirt at school. I knew this show was going to be huge, and man it was. 150 people, even with giving all the band members their +1 entries for the night, we made $600. We gave each band $100 and had a profit of $400. Kris couldn't believe it.
"See I told you!" I said laughing."This is where it's at."
"Are you sure we paid the bands?" Kris asked.
"Yes!" I said and went to sit on the futon. Mandy had a new girlfriend, and they were loving on each other, so instead I sat on the floor beside the couch and watched the bands carry their equipment down the stairs.
There was a kid laying on the floor near Mandy's feet. He was shirtless and pale and had sharpie drawings all over his torso. As he laid there another kid was drawing a penis across a blank spot he had on his chest.
"Dude are you ok?" I asked.
The kid turned his head to look at me. "I am so ok." He said smiling and laughing. "This is the best night of my life!" He then sat up and did a little dance. I noticed his eyes were blood shot.
He must be high, I thought.
"Can I wear your hat?" He asked me.
"Sure" I said passing him the hat. "But you have to tell me your name, because if you don't give it back I am not walking around asking people if they have seen the kid with a penis on his chest. I'm just not doing that."
He started laughing hysterically.
I waited.
"Zane. Now give me your hat." he said reaching for it.
"Rude!" I said pulling it away.
He then put his lip out and fake pouted the best he could being as high as he was.
"Fine." I said. "Whatever, here." I said and I handed him the hat.
He placed it on his head and continued to laugh like crazy.
I sat for a while longer, talking to various people as they came through the room.
I looked back at Zane to make sure he hadn't run off with my hat. He was back to laying on the ground.
"You ok?" I asked. Stupid question.
"Yea. Everything is great. Everything is gggrrrreeeeeaaaattt." he grinned from ear to ear.
"ok..."  I said.
His friend tapped me and whispered. "He's high!"
"Yea you think?" I said.
"He's also weird." His friend said.
Zane sat up. "Weird? Oh I will show you weird." Then he grabbed Mandy's foot and shoved the toe of her shoe into his mouth and started to sort of "deep throat" it. It resembled a snake consuming a mouse. Slow, gross, disturbing, but you can't stop watching.
Mandy made a horrified face. "WFT man!" She didn't really try to get away, but she was clearly uncomfortable.
I watched in horror as Zane nearly stuck her entire shoe in his mouth.
Finally Mandy yanked her foot away from his mouth.
He fell back to the floor laughing.
"See, that is weird."

No comments:

Post a Comment