Saturday, January 2, 2016

K is for Kid Chapter 4

That was the end of our relationship, for Mandy and I. And sadly, sort of became the end of our friendship too. It was never the same really. We'd see each other at school or kronos and she'd give me that smile/frown thing and continue on her way. I missed her, but I didn't know what to do. I was honest about my feelings and that is important right?

Today is homecoming. I have it all worked out. Jason is going to pick me up, then we are going to go to the dance, then to Kronos to catch the second part of poetry night. I kept texting him to remind him. He seemed to be a bit irritated.

Since Mandy and I split, Trent decided there wasn't any reason for him to come. I think that is why Jason is a little upset. I think he liked it being the four of us too. I tried to reassure him that it'll still be fun. He doesn't seem believe me. When I told him about what happened between Mandy and I, I had also told him I loved him, inadvertently. He actually seemed very happy to hear it, and even said it back! So now anytime one of us feels like the other is upset, we just text "I love you" to make it better. I had texted that a lot today.

I got home from school, which was nothing but pep rallies, and laid out my outfit. A pink babydoll dress, black fish nets, and black knee high boots. Awesome. I made some ramen noodles, stuffed my face, did my make up, got dressed, and waited for Jason to show up.

My dad came in the living room where I was waiting. "What's going on tonight?" he asked.
"It's homecoming." I said.
"Who's taking you?"
"Jason."

Dad raised an eyebrow. "And then what are you doing?"

"Then we are going to Kronos for a poetry night."

"And then?"

"Shit dad Idk?" I said annoyed. "Then I guess I will come home?"

"Oh?" He said "Your not going to stay at Mandy's house?"

"No." I said frowning.

"Why not? That is usually what you do after events like this."

"Idk dad, why are you so nosey?" I snipped.

"Oh nothing, just wondering."

I saw Jason's car pull up outside, I jumped up.

"Uh uh!" Dad said blocking my way to the door. "He has to come up to the door to get you."

"Ugh! Really dad?"

"Yep."

Jason got out of his car. He was wearing a black button up with a pink tie that matched my dress. Tripp pants with pink trim and chains, and a pink studded necklace.

"Yes!" I thought. "Perfect!"

"WTF is that." Dad said looking out the window.
"What?" I asked.
"What a pretty pretty princess you have as a date, Charley." he laughed.
"Shut up dad." I said. "Be nice!"

Jason knocked on the door. Dad opened it.
Jason's eyes get really big every time he see's my dad. And he never seems to be able to speak much either.

"Hi Jason." dad said. "Come inside. Sit down."
"Dad we really have to go." I protested.
"This will only take a second." Dad said.
"It is my understanding that the plan for tonight is first the dance, then Kronos, correct?" he asked Jason.
"Yes sir" Jason stammered.
"So that means after Kronos you will bring her back here, right Jason?"
"Yes sir"
"Good because if you don't bring her back here after Kronos, I will find you and I will not be alone." dad said as he nodded towards the corner of the room where he had propped up his rifle.
"Oh. My. God. DAD!" I said grabbing Jason's arm. "Stop it. I'll see you later, love you bye!"

I pulled Jason out of the house, down the stairs, and into his car.

"Your dad is scary." He said almost laughing, almost crying.

"Oh shut up." I said. "And give me your necklace. I want to wear it."

No comments:

Post a Comment