Sunday, August 4, 2013

my story part #-Cuffed at midnight

I can't number this memory, because it doesn't immediately follow my dream. The dream started when I was 3 and continued up to this point in my life. I had just turned 6, I believe it was spring, maybe summer. 1997.

My step dad was gone. He had left a week before.

I was told he was going to our new home, and we would follow
I was told a lot of lies

Dalten and I did not want to be alone that night, sleeping in the guest room of our grandmothers house.
The fish tank freaked me out.
So mom told us we could sleep in bed with her in the next room.

The bed was small, but we all fit.
Mom slept on the outer edge so we wouldn't fall off
I slept next to her, and Dalten slept next to the wall.

I did not have any lucid dreams that night. It was quiet, and everything was very still.
I was awaken by loud banging on the front door. And a mans voice. Shouting muffled demands.
When I opened my eyes I saw the room light up with alternating flashes of blue and red light.

I heard grandma open the door. I felt mom move.
I held on to Dalten.
Loud footsteps came down the hall. I heard my grandma say "Her children are in there with her. They are sleeping."
Then the lights came on.
They hazed my eyes,  temporarily.
The man said a few words. Things like "Get up. Your coming with us"
or something. He was talking to mom.
Mom and grandma both pleaded for them to be quiet so they wouldn't wake Dalten and I up. My eyes kept opening and shutting as I tried to force them to focus, and attempt to wake up.
The man that had mom was a police man.
He directed her to pack socks and underwear and nothing more. I rolled over to Dalten who was still sound asleep, and covered his ears.
Then I heard the handcuffs, and mom was taken away.
The lights went out. And soon the flashing lights disappeared too.

I was too scared to move. And still had a half sleep hanging on to me. My grandma came in to check on us. I stayed very still, and held onto Dalten. I did not know what just happened. And I didn't yet know that mom was not coming back. But I knew what just happened was not good. And for some reason I begun to cry.

As quietly as possible until I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment