Tuesday, May 28, 2013

as my smile faded

As my smile faded, I felt the hate burn down my spine.
I watched my face twist from sadness to furry
my eyes stopped shinning

Each day became tiresome, every move I made was terrible and wrong.
It wasn't just my home, it was my life, it was me, that was wrong.
I was careful not to care, and observed my surroundings.
If I cared too much about something, she'd take it.
TV, movies, books, sketchbooks, friends, and even my hair.
She took it, because she didn't like seeing me smile

so my smile faded

A little at a time, each day brought a new game to play
and each day I'd loose,
each day I'd hope he'd take my side, and save me
and each day I was wrong, so each night I suffered

Soon there was nothing left to take, so she turned to violence
Her hand came across my mouth, the taste of blood on my lip
she pinned me to the wall to scream in my face
tell me I wasn't beautiful, tell me I wasn't as smart as I thought I was

She wanted to break me, she almost did.
I fought back. I fought back hard. but not smart

I punch and kicked her, I punched and kicked my screen window until it broke free of its frame
Just when I thought I'd never get rid of her, my Dad found out she was cheating
and kicked her out. But insisted she stay for Christmas. So I bought her a Cinnamon Bun Candle, and she is allergic to Cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment