Saturday, December 28, 2013

weighs heavy

born with the troubles of a 20-something man
the shame and the pride
the questions
and the desire to hide.
the need to be seen
a world in which we can confide
a world in which I have never been.

in running there is freedom
there is change
there is chance

in running I found vitality
learning the ropes
making my own reality

The strength doesn't last
to stay keen
you gotta move fast

Eventually you will find
something that will ground you
at first you won't mind
it's something you cling to

the world doesn't lie
it is just full of people
who don't know what they are doing or why...

Even if they tried
even if you pleaded
even if you cried

not everyone is born knowing
not everyone will understand
the secrets are not worth showing
oblivion is the upper hand

I'm only a catalyst.
I am built to take on the troubles of other
I am suppose to be able to take it
somehow I am suppose to keep standing
but the weight of hundreds of years of troubles weighs heavy

And keeps getting heavier.
20 some years at birth
20 some years after birth
55 years accrued
45 years abused
31 years used
20 some years lost
20 some years confused
40 some years mused

I need to shed a few pounds
I need a lift
because these troubles weigh heavy.


No comments:

Post a Comment